How regularly do you carry out deep cleaning of your car? Since when have you cleaned the carpet? Your car carpet usually only sees dirty shoes on the bottoms. Your floor mats and carpets face daily attacks from candy and old chips, beverages and coffee, dried mud, and dust.
Despite the car mats protecting the floor, carpeting can still get stains. Cleaning your carpet will improve the image of your interior and eliminate unpleasant smells.
What are the benefits of cleaning your car carpets?
- You can save money by cleaning your carpet and mats rather than paying someone to do it.
- No one can clean your carpet as effectively as you do.
- At the end of the day, it’s you who will be driving the car with family and friends. Therefore, you should make sure that it smell great.
Today we’re going to discuss how you can clean car carpets at home with minimal effort.back to menu ↑
STEPS TO CLEAN DIRTY CAR CARPETS
1. Arrange them
Congested spaces are tricky to clean, tiny spaces like cars. First, remove any trash found on the floor and in the cup holders of your car. You can also make cleaning more accessible by removing small items like coins, toys, etc.
A car organizer is a great way to keep your car organized. Different sizes are available for different needs. There are several pockets of varying sizes on some that attach around the seats.
Organizing compartments may be part of newer car models. They are commonly found in family cars.
2. Remove the floor mats
Remove any floor mats from your car and set them aside. We will clean them later. To remove dust and dirt from the mats, you can give them a good shake.
3. Perform a vacuuming
Use a strong handheld vacuum after cleaning the car. For best results, cordless vacuum cleaners are recommended. You can move more freely with a cordless vacuum cleaner.
Don’t have a handheld or cordless vacuum. You can vacuum the carpet and get under the seats by using the attachments, such as the crevice tool. Try parking the car near an outlet or using an extension cord if you.
Be sure to thoroughly clean corners and sides, as well as under the pedals. Check the best vacuums of 2022.
4. Pick a cleanser or shampoo
To effectively deep clean the carpet of your car, choose a good shampoo or cleaner. A specialized cleaner is highly recommended.
Alternatively, you can use laundry detergent if you can’t find a commercial product.
5. Spot-clean your carpet
You should read the manufacturer’s instructions before using the carpet cleaner. Spray the area directly with the cleaner if it is a spray. To make application easier, you can use a spray bottle to apply diluted concentrations.
After applying the product, let it sit as long as it says to. Brush the cleaner into your carpet with a stiff bristle brush. It is best to move in circular motions to remove dirt, grease, and stains.
Steam cleaners or carpet cleaning machines can offer an extra deep clean if your carpet is filthy.
The machines will apply water and shampoo deeply into the carpet fibers. After that, they will use strong suction to remove any remaining excess water.
6. Thoroughly rinse the carpet
To remove excess water and cleaner from the carpet, use a damp cloth. Remove as much shampoo as possible.
7. Sit back and let your car dry
To prevent mold or mildew growth, the carpet must be allowed to dry completely. Open the doors and allow the car to dry in the breeze after drawing the most water out of it with a cloth. Keeping the car in a sunny area will help the process along.
Check on the car after leaving it for an hour. If still damp, let it dry for a few more hours.
8. If necessary, repeat the processes
You should repeat the entire process if you feel like a stain is still visible on the carpet.back to menu ↑
Things to avoid while cleaning your car carpets at home
By taking precautions, you can reduce the work required to clean your car.
- Your car usually has floor mats, but aftermarket mats offer better coverage, keeping your carpets cleaner.
- You can prevent stains on carpets, seats, and other surfaces by using stain guard spray.
- You can also consider trash containers and pet seat covers to keep dirt from getting on your carpets.
- Now that you know how to clean car carpets, you don’t need to spend much on a detailer.
- Since you have now learned how to clean car carpets, you don’t have to pay a car detailer so much. Although you could pay someone to do it for you, it’s a lot more fun to do it yourself, plus it saves you money.